Berfrois Call for Submissions - Poetry
We are very happy to announce that Berfrois is currently welcoming Poetry Submissions. Berfrois is an international online literary magazine that has published work by new and emerging writers alongside more established ones for over a decade. We look forward to reading poems that bend and twist, shimmer with nuance, push boundaries, distil and unravel this mad existence, or offer themselves up to be peeled like onions.
Please read the submission guidelines before sending us your work.
Due to the amount of submissions we receive, we cannot offer feedback on all submissions.
We look forward to reading your work!
- Submissions are open internationally. Berfrois is an English language online magazine, but we welcome translations (with permission from the original author, if required) and we encourage multilingual poems, as long as the majority of the poem is in English.
- We accept simultaneous submissions— we just ask that you let us know if your poem has been accepted elsewhere as soon as possible.
- Please send us up to 5 poems (or 5 A4 pages).
- Please submit all your poems in a single Word document with your last name in the title (i.e. “Smith_5 poems”). If you wish to send a PDF (as reference for formatting), please also attach a Word doc version.
- Please include a short third-person bio (up to 150 words).
- We will be reading and publishing submissions on a (weekly) rolling basis.
- We will try to respond to all submissions within 6 weeks of receipt.
- Please note, this reading period is open until the 1st of February.
- Submit via email to the poetry editor, Calliope Michail: < poetry (at) berfrois (dot) com > with the subject line as follows: Surname _Submission